Thursday, October 30, 2008

Last Few Days

Been a manic, but really enjoyable last few days. Monday was mad,
really annoyingly timed lectures, helping out a friend of one of my
housemates when the printers all decided to stop working about an hour
before her deadline, and then the Alphabeat interview.

Was really nice to interview Anders R, Rasmus, and Troels. They were
all really nice and obliging, answering all the questions I asked and
really making me feel comfortable- for my first interview, and one of
my favorite bands, I think it went okay.

Then, later it was time for the concert. The LCR was pretty packed,
I'd had a couple of drinks, and as I was guestlisted +1, we had a
ticket to sell! One lucky bloke later, we had drinks money. Their
support acts were really good: Pandering and the Golddiggers are
pretty cool, great tunes to dance to, and a real spectacle. Similarly,
Belgian wonders Das Pop were full of energy, singalong songs, and real
stage presence. And of course, Alphabeat themselves were pretty damn
good, Stine is so petite and cute, and they al just seem at home on
the stage.

So that was Monday. Tuesday was the charity calendar for East Anglia
Air Ambulance, which was fun (definitely an experience). Wednesday I
went into town, bought a really nice suit jacket, waistcoat, and tie
on sale, ready for James Bond/Casino Night tonight. Also, finished and
handed in two assignment, made a very small amount of progress on the
third, got my haircut, went to final Student Ambassador training, and
wrote up the majority of the Alphabeat interview article for this
week's Concrete (will post that here soon). Busy busy busy, and it's
not over yet.

No comments: