Student Mentor training both days (14 hours?), learnt a lot about how
to build a relationship, work on issues, and truly get something
positive out of this experience. Heard earlier today that I'd passed,
which I'm really pleased with, so can hopefully soon start and meet my
mentees.
S sent me the link of an interesting-looking scheme from the TDA-
Student Associates, which entails placements in school to gain
experience of teaching- will look into this in more detail soon.
Also went to Sparks in the (Earlham) Park Saturday night. Fireworks
really nice, absolutely tipping it down to sludge-fest, but fun all
the same.
SPT essay going okay I think- maybe it's actually not going as well as
I think. Believe I've got some good ideas, and a good overall
structure, but not sure if it'll all come together in enough detail
tomorrow, when I make some real inroads into it. Due in on Thursday,
so do need to get moving.
Looking forward to election night tomorrow, should be really
interesting (off to the pub from midnight to half six, they're showing
it on the TVs), but have this niggling worry that McCain will win a
surprise state and it'll then just all slip into his less-than-mobile
hands. Can but hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment